Keeping your Lissa Bowie in tip top condition all year round!
Lissa Bowie pieces are made from her signature Tumbaga blend of about 20% Brass and 80% Copper, giving it a beautiful, golden shine. But like sterling silver, too much lotion, perfume, chlorine, or just plain old air can tarnish your tumbaga goodies.
Below are some tips on how to keep your Lissa Bowie lovelies looking sparkly and brand new!
- *You can wash your tumbaga in warm soapy water, and use a soft toothbrush ever so gently to get into any detailed areas.
- *Use a standard jewellery polishing cloth and put some elbow grease into it!
- *We have found that Hagerty's Silver Foam (available at Hi Ho Silver) works wonders at getting even the most stubborn tarnish off of silver, brass, copper, etc, etc, and is safe for most semi-precious stones.
- *Whenever you are not wearing your jewellery (and this goes for silver too!) keep it in a resealable, airtight plastic bag to keep the moisture from the air away from it.
- *If your skin is a bit sensitive to the metal, or turns colour underneath, coat the inside of the piece with clear nail polish and re-apply as needed (a tried and true method from our resident skin sensitive Jessie)
Above all else, love your jewellery!